Sailing / Yacht Club
In 1862 the Jersey Yacht and Rowing Club was given the designation “Royal” by her Majesty Queen Victoria and became known as the Royal Jersey Yacht Club. In 1869 it became the Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club and was the sixth oldest yacht club to bear the designation “Royal”. The distinctive Blue Ensign was originally granted by the Board of Admiralty in 1863 and the current restrictions for the use of the ensign were warranted in 1894. Prior to 1946, the headquarters of the club moved to various St. Helier hotels. In 1940 the club resided at the Grand Hotel but the establishment was commandeered by the occupying forces. The Yacht Club’s records were saved but all that remained of the club’s belongings was the engraved brass plate which graces the entrance to the current club. The Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club has been in its present site since 1946.
Le Mont Du Boulevard