Sailing / Yacht Club
The Port Glasgow Yacht Club has come a long way after 50 years in operation. The club was founded in June 1958 and they set out to change the face of Port Glasgow. Port Glasgow had been a shipping port since 1818, but since then, erosion along the lakeshore had taken its toll and destroyed the original habour. After the club's first meeting, they got to work installing docks in the twin lagoons leading into sixteen mile creek and building a breakwater using stones brought from Clearville. Today, the marina includes 80 docks, and the property has been improved with washrooms and shower facilities, and a bridge over sixteen mile creek.
+44 (0)1475 741720