Catawba Island Club , Port ClintonCatawba Island Club , Port Clinton
Sailing / Yacht Club
Michael P. Schenk
Catawba Island Club is a prestigious private club located on Lake Erie's Ohio Shore. Originally established in 1928 as The Catawba Cliffs Beach Club, Inc. as a family 'outdoors' club for the Catawba Cliffs community developed by the J.H. Bellows Company. The facility was purchased in the fall of 1967 by James Stouffer Sr., son of Stouffer Foods founder Vernon Stouffer, and reopened in the Spring of 1968 as Catawba Island Club. The Stouffer family has kept true to the original mission...'uniting the whole family instead of separating the family as a unit.