Sailing / Yacht Club
The Calhoun Yacht Club was organized by eighteen charter members on August 10, 1901. The purpose of the club was to promote yacht racing, iceboating, canoe racing, tennis and social events. By the end of that first year, the club had eighty-five members, and was incorporated under the laws of the state. Club headquarters were situated in the Long Meadow Hotel, located on the north shore and west of where the Lake Street bridge is now.
3000 E Calhoun Pkwy