Sailing / Yacht Club
November 1934 a group of mostly engineers in their 20's gathered at the YMCA to discuss a boat club at the new lake presently under construction. In the Winter of 1935 the organization of the Lake Springfield Pleasure Boat Club was announced and one of the first orders of business was a contest to come up with a better name. C.H. Raney won the contest with the name Island Bay Yacht Club and on May 16th, 1935 corporation papers were filed. The original lake lease was for 6.5 acres which included the North Bay all the way around to the picnic area.
76 Yacht Club Rd