Royal Southampton Yacht Club, SouthamptonRoyal Southampton Yacht Club, Southampton
Sailing / Yacht Club
The Royal Southampton Yacht Club is one of the oldest established in the country, receiving its Royal Charter in 1875. In 1885 a new and imposing Clubhouse was developed in Above Bar, Southampton, which stood until 1957 when the Club was relocated to Northlands Road, opposite the County Cricket ground. In 1964 Gins Clubhouse, on the banks of the Beaulieu River, was built as a most welcome adjunct to the main Club building.